BACKGROUND

Friday, September 21, 2012

Pink Lemonade Party: Camilla's 1st Birthday


Camilla's 1st birthday was SO much fun to plan and prepare for.  Pinterest and Etsy made this party happen for me, so many creative and fun ideas to explore!

I started planning as soon as I received my BFF Chelsey's invitation in the mail for her son Paxton's 1st birthday party.  He's 3 weeks older than Camilla, so I needed to get a move on it!  I pinterested for an entire Saturday, which finally made me super excited and in full-force party mode, deciding on the Pink Lemonade Party theme.  I made countless trips to Hobby Lobby, buying pink and yellow pieces here and there that I felt would fit perfectly with her party theme.  I made all of the birthday streamers myself after seeing a similar idea on Pinterest.  My friend De'Awn hand-crafted Camilla's amazing birthday invitations, which were simply stunning!
The "1" tag was tied onto the invite and backed with beautiful yellow linen paper
My Mom flew into Houston to spend the birthday week with us.  She was SO much  help preparing for the party, especially with food preparation.  We served grilled hamburgers and hotdogs, Greek pasta salad, green beans with bacon, assorted fruit, and cucumber slices with dill dip.  For dessert, we served some delicious Pink Lemonade Party Fudge and yummy cupcakes!
Dessert table
Pink Lemonade Party fudge
Dessert table with my hand-made streamers (I made 40 streamers total, decorating various windows)
Somehow, my full-time working, full-time Mommy BFF Chelsey found the time to make some awesome party pieces for Camilla's birthday (just after finishing Paxton's 1st birthday party!)  She hand-crafted a beautiful birthday banner, a month-by-month photo banner, and all of the cupcake toppers, perfectly tying into my Pink Lemonade Party theme.  She recently opened up an Etsy shop called Adorable Affair.  Please check her out if a birthday party or other party event is in your future, she did a wonderful job helping me prepare for Camilla's birthday!
Cupcakes with Cupcake toppers made by Chelsey
Pink Lemonade Party cupcake toppers made by Chelsey
Month-by-Month photo banner
Month-by-Month photo banner made by Chelsey
Birthday banner Chelsey made

One of my favorite parts of the party prep was serving her Pink Lemonade in mason jars with crafty daisy lids on top that the pink or yellow straws fit through perfectly.  I decorated with some extra "1" tags from De'Awn and  Pink Lemonade Party stickers that I found off of Etsy, tying it all together with twine.  
Pink Lemonade in mason jars
Pink Lemonade
Water bottles with special "Camilla's First Birthday" labels, Mike's Hard Pink Lemonade and  Daddy's favorite beer for the (non-pregnant) adults :)


First birthday parties are all about the Smash Cake.  Camilla had a yummmmmy butter cream cake with butter cream frosting that was so much fun watching her eat.  She was careful not to get her hands dirty at first, but dove in mouth-first to eat her cake!  
Smash Cake
Daddy, Camilla & Mommy
Camilla eating her cake!



Happy Birthday Girl!

We had so much fun celebrating Camilla's birthday with my mom, old friends, new friends, and very friendly neighbors.  Camilla loved all the excitement and spending time with other baby and toddler friends.  I suppose I'm just a *tinge* less sad than my friends who also just celebrated their baby's first birthdays, because we'll be welcoming New Life and kissing fresh baby bum in less than 4 months!  

The new nursery furniture is all purchased and will be delivered this coming Sunday.  I'm so excited to design another nursery so soon, with the help of Pinterest and Etsy of course.  :)  








No comments:

Post a Comment